This mini feed pellets bagging machine can fill bags, pouches, containers up to 10lbs. in weight with dry, free-flowing mini or small pellets. These types of small pellets are used for feeding chickens, rabbits, fish, goats, sheep, and other small pets and animals. They are also used for plant food fertilizer.
How to Bag and Package Mini Feed Pellets
The S4 bagging machine has one of the simplest set-ups of any automatic weigh filler. It allows you to quickly change the different bag and container fill weight sizes with the press of a couple buttons.
Watch a Video:
Ask a Question -or- Get a Price Quote
The steps below are for filling a 3 pound test bag with mini feed pellets:
1. Pellets are loaded into the hopper located at the top of the bagging machine. The hopper shown in the pictures and video has a 3.5 cubic foot capacity (about 5 five-gallon buckets).
2. The operator places an empty bag or container on the fill spout.
3. The first fill cycle is started by depressing the foot pedal. At this point, the machine and controller switches into “learn mode” for the first cycle. The controller tests the flow characteristics of the feed pellets and decides the best speeds and duration for the vibration of the feeder.
4. The controller will start a bulk or fast flow of the mini feed pellets from the hopper, through the vibratory feeder, and into the weigh hopper. Once the target set weight nears completion, the controller will automatically switch to a dribble or slow flow of the pellets into the weigh hopper. Once the set target weight has been reached, the feeder stops, and the weigh hopper releases the mini-feed pellets into the bag, pouch, or container below.
5. Each bag after the first fill cycle is now weigh filled automatically with the set weight of pellets by placing it under the spout and depressing the foot pedal.
6. After filling, the operator can send the filled bag of pellets through a band heat sealer to lock in freshness, print date codes, trim bag tops, and more.
Features of the Bagging Machine
- Arrives fully assembled so you can start bagging feed pellets almost immediately
- Self-adjusting or smart controller with automatic tare adjustment
- Fill weight indicator displays down to 1 gram (0.001 pound)
- Fill bags up to 10 pound bags precisely with on-the-fly, self-adjusting bulk, and dribble feed rates. This machine can also fill pouches and rigid containers.
- Supply hopper can hold up to 3.5 cubic feet of small feed pellets (different size hoppers are available)
- 304 stainless steel for all product contact surfaces
- Includes standard powder coated chassis with locking roller casters. The standard model is 67 inches high and takes up approximately 4.6 square feet (23 inch x 30 inch) of floor space. An optional stainless steel chassis is available.
- Electrical requirements: 120V 60Hz (240V 50Hz option is available)
- Air requirements: <0.25 CFM air supply at 30PSI
Need pricing fast or have a question?Use this express contact form! A Tinsley Equipment Company sales engineer will email you current pricing for all equipment and system components listed on this page usually within 24 hours or less. Need to speak with someone? Call: (979) 217-1480
Need to fill larger bags with animal feed?
Please see our open mouth bagger product line and this article about bagging systems for large animal feed.