These vibratory feeders use a vibrating, closed loop, resonant frequency to feed products and materials such as: food, plastics, chemicals and ceramics.
They are recognized as the feeder of choice for many applications such as pelletized and friable materials that are not easily fed by screw or belt feeders. Add food coating and seasoning machines that use electrostatics to improve product consistency with 100% control of powder usage. Choose from a complete line of feeders including vibratory tray feeders, flexible wall feeders, single and twin screw feeders, belt loss-in-weight feeders, chemical feeders, additive feeders, dosing feeders, liquid feeders, weighbelt feeders and volumetric and gravimetric control systems.
Looking for a feeder to feed sticky materials, fibers and products with inconsistent particle sizes? See the screw feeders page for more information.
Need help choosing the right vibratory feeder for your system or process?
Volumetric Vibratory Feeders
These patented vibratory volumetric feeders, or tray feeders, are ideal for many applications to replace traditional single or twin screw feeders. The feeder drives find the resonant frequency of the tray and material to provide accurate feed rates and a turn-down ratio of over 1:100. Feeder models include medium sized, universal vibratory tray feeder, as well as special feeders for powders where the hopper vibrates in tune with the tray.
- Excellent accuracy with gentle motion that won’t degrade your product or add extra heat
- Adjustable feed rates with different models offering feed rates ranging from 0.5 – 12,000 pounds per hour
- Maintenance free and very easy to clean with no moving parts
- No maintenance-intensive parts and components such as motors, gears, screws, bearings, etc.
- Resonant vibration system moves the working frequency of the tray to the resonant frequency, between 35-75 Hz
- Specially developed amplitude sensor measures the amplitude of the vibration and feeds it back to the SCR
- Evenly spread dry toppings, dry seasonings, spices, chopped nuts, frozen foods and more with no product degradation or loss of quality
Watch a video of a volumetric vibratory feeder:
Gravimetric Vibratory Feeders
Gravimetric vibratory feeders, or loss-in-weight vibratory tray feeders, are usually mounted hanging from a mezzanine, with excellent access all around. Static weigh frames with 3 load cells are available for all sizes.
Vibratory Feeder Control Systems
The single vibratory feeder control system includes a 5.7″ touch screen interface. The new loss-in-weight control uses “integral” controls, versus the old “differential” type. All feeder calibrations are set in less than 1 minute.
Multiple Feeder Controls
Plug and feed system features Ethernet connectivity to a supervisory unit. All controllers are factory calibrated to their respective feeders and can be operated immediately. Units can be added or removed without reconfiguration or loss of calibration. Connect up to 16 feeders.
Need help choosing the right screw feeder for your system or process?