IBC Blending, Batching, and Mixing
Build recipes fast inside an Intermediate Bulk Container!
Accurately blend, mix, and formulate recipes made of dry ingredients inside these specially engineered Intermediate Bulk Containers, or IBCs, with patented cone valve technology. Quickly and accurately blend powders, tablets, granules, pellets, seasonings, flavorings, food coatings, pharmaceuticals and more using an in-line IBC blending system.
- Build and formulate recipes with ingredients stored in IBCs using discharge stations or formulate recipes by hand, discharged from big bags, or bulk storage into an IBC blending bin.
- Then, uniformly mix and blend your recipe inside the IBC blending bin using the tumble blender.
- Package your products as they discharge from the IBC blending bin using the mass flow cone valve to ensure your final product stays uniformly blended.
- Reduce process down time by easily cleaning the blending bin using a wash-down or blown-down process for fast reuse to re-mix the recipe or build a new recipe.
- Easily expand your production line as your business grows.
Systems and Components
Complete Formulation Systems using IBCs
Incorporate as many components and intermediate bulk containers as required to mix and blend precise formulations and recipes. Additional components and machines can also include silos, dust collectors, vacuum / pressure conveying systems, roller conveyors, packaging, bagging machines, walkways and more.
In-Bin Blending with an IBC Tumble Blender
Mix and blend powders and other ingredients directly inside the IBC blending bin using a tumble blender. This reduces the number of product transfers and also provides a sanitary mixing and blending process with minimum damage or degradation.
- The IBC Tumble blender consists of a free standing steel frame structure with a trunnion mounted rotating cage to hold the IBC.
- The IBC is loaded and unloaded by forklift truck.
- The cone valve located at the bottom of IBC is automatically locked into place.
- Once the access gate is locked, the operator starts the tumble blender.
- The cage rotates at a predetermined speed and duration to mix and blend ingredients inside the IBC.
Portable Intermediate Bulk Containers (IBCs)
These portable stainless steel and polyethylene IBCs are designed for storing, transporting, screening, grinding, feeding, weighing, and blending of dry ingredients. The integrated cone valve design promotes and controls product flow, while keeping a uniform mix and distribution of product as it discharges into downstream machines and systems from the IBC.
- These IBCs include a patented cone valve to promote uniform discharge of blended materials.
- Use these IBCs with a discharge station for automatic connection without manual intervention.
- Easily add more IBCs as your business or blending line grows.
- IBC volumes range from 500L to 3,000L.
- These IBCs are stackable and can be moved using a forklift saving valuable floor space.
- Choose contact and non-contact parts for your process.
Cone Valve Technology
A patented cone valve is integrated into the IBC. When lifted, material is accurately discharged in such a way as to avoid bridging, rat-holing, and segregation that happens with traditional butterfly or slide-gate valves. The cone valve also provides a good level of dust containment for powders used in formulating pharmaceuticals or specialty chemicals.
- The cone valve eliminates bridging, rat-holing, segregation of ingredients, and material flow problems.
- It also eliminates poor flow problems caused by traditional butterfly valves or slide-gate valves.
- A dust-tight seal is made between the cone valve and actuator when the IBC is lowered onto a discharge station.
IBC Filling System
The cyclonic design of the IBC fill head ensures maximum dust containment. The fill head can only be lowered once the IBC is in position. A sensor on the fill head ensures the IBC lid is removed before filling. The floor locator ensures that the IBC is placed directly under the fill head with the cone valve aligned.
- This IBC filling system can be used with manual loading or automated batching.
- Use it to load an IBC from a bulk silo.
- It is also compatible with a 50 pound bag dump station.
- Unload from big bags or dispensers into an IBC.
Click on a thumbnail below to view a larger image.
IBC Discharge and Dosing Station
The discharge and dosing station safely and hygienically discharges ingredients from a storage IBC into a blending IBC or other downstream process system like mixing, packaging, screening, or conveying.
As the IBC is lowered onto the discharge station, the IBC outlet engages into the station's top line and the IBC's cone valve locates onto the station's central probe. This creates a dust tight seal between the IBC and discharge station.
When the IBC is empty, it is lifted off of the discharge station and the IBC outlet remains sealed into the top liner just after the valve re-seats in the IBC outlet. This means that the product is never exposed before, during, or after discharge.
IBC Washing and Drying
Automatically wash, sanitize, and dry IBCs without any downtime at the production level. System components can include a water heater, water pressurized system, and dehumidifier.