The Logical Machines S4 is a great entry-level machine for bagging coffee. It is the perfect cure for business owners and coffee roasters that are tired of manually scooping and weighing coffee into bags and pouches ranging in weight from a couple of ounces up to 10 pounds. Logical Machines has a proven track record and has been manufacturing American made, high quality bulk weighing and bagging machines since 1994.
How to Bag Coffee with the Logical Machines S4
This machine has one of the simplest set-ups and you can quickly change the different bag weight sizes to fill with the press of a couple buttons. It is for bagging coffee, as well as packaging whole coffee beans or coffee grounds. It can also bag many other types of tea, snack foods, candy, nuts, spices, powders, and more.
The steps below are for filling a 16 ounce (1 pound) bag with roasted whole coffee beans.
1. Coffee beans are loaded into the supply hopper and the target fill weight is set to 1 pound on the controller.
2. The operator places a 1 pound bag on the fill spout.
3. The first fill cycle is started by depressing the foot pedal. At this point, the machine and controller switches into “learn mode” for the first cycle. The controller tests the flow characteristics of the coffee beans and decides the best speeds and duration for the vibration of the feeder.
4. The controller will start a bulk flow (fast flow) of the coffee beans from the hopper, through the vibrating feeder, and into the weigh hopper below. Once the target set weight of 1 pound nears completion, the controller will automatically switch to a dribble flow (slow flow) of the coffee beans into the weigh hopper. Once the set target weight of 1 pound has been reached, the feeder stops.
5. The weigh hopper releases the 1 pound of coffee beans into the bag that is placed on the spout.
6. Each bag after the first fill cycle is now filled automatically with the perfect amount of coffee beans by placing it under the spout and depressing the foot pedal.
7. After filling each bag, the operator sends it through a vacuum bag sealer or band sealer to lock in freshness with a flush of nitrogen, print date codes, trim bag tops, and more.
The standard set up for bagging coffee with the S4 can realistically achieve up to 500 bag fills / hour depending on flow characteristics and packaging line set up.
Features of the Logical Machines S4 Standard Model
- Arrives fully assembled so you can start bagging coffee immediately
- Self-adjusting or smart controller with automatic tare adjustment
- Weight indicator displays down to 1 gram (0.001 pound)
- Fill bags up to 10 pound bags precisely with on-the-fly, self-adjusting bulk, and dribble feed rates. This machine can also fill rigid containers.
- Supply hopper can hold up to 3.5 cubic feet of coffee beans (different size hoppers are available)
- 304 stainless steel for all product contact surfaces
- Includes standard powder coated chassis with locking casters. The standard model is 67 inches high and takes up approximately 4.6 square feet (23 inch x 30 inch) of floor space. An optional stainless steel chassis is available.
- Electrical requirements: 120V 60Hz (240V 50Hz option is available
- Compressed air requirements: < 0.25 cfm air supply at 30 psi
Need pricing fast? Use our Express Pricing Request Form.A Tinsley Equipment Company sales representative will email you current pricing for all equipment and system components listed on this page usually within 24 hours or less.
Ask a question or get a price quote.