Magnetic Drum Separator removes ferrous metal from dry, free-flowing bulk solids. Drum Separator is self-cleaning and available with housing or as the magnetic drum only.
A uniform product flow is introduced to the Magnetic Drum Separator using a vibrating feeder. Bulk material enters the top of the housing and flows across the surface of the drum. As the drum shell rotates around the stationary magnetic field, all non-ferrous product which is uneffected by the magnet, falls free from the magnet into the cleaned material flow. All ferrous tramp metal is captured by the magnetic field and is held on the drum’s surface. As the drum rotates, the metal is carried past the diverter and released outside of the magnetic field.
- Powerful Ceramic or Rare Earth Permanent Magnet Material
- Over 180° of Magnetic Arc Protection
- Manually adjustable magnetic arc position
- Drum diameters from 12″ to 24″ available
- Drum Widths Available from 12″ to 60″
- Fixed diverter to separate cleaned product and collected tramp metal.
- Flex Seal to Prevent Product from Flowing Around the Backside of the Drum
- Access Doors for Inspection and Drum Removal
- Sealed Bearings for Drum Support and Drive
- Custom Diameters and Widths
- Stainless Steel Drum Shaft
- Adjustable Inlet Opening
- Special Magnetic Circuits for Reach Out or Holding
- Stainless Steel Housings for Ceramic Drums
- Special Inlet for Vibratory Feeder Interface
- Multiple Drum Assemblies
- Fine Particle Discharge
- Custom Inlet and Discharge Transitions
- Special Voltage Motors and Drive Packages
- Abrasion Resistant Facing
- Zero Speed Switch