Use an automated bagging system to fill boxes and baler bags with small pre-packaged, form fill and seal (FFS) bags or pouches containing products such as grains, sugar, flour, salt, powders, and more. This type of automation can enhance your end of line packaging and provide a more convenient way to ship and handle smaller bags together as a stackable unit.
Robotic Arm Case Erector or Box Builder
An ABB robotic arm picks up a new flattened box from a vertical magazine. As the end of arm tool gently squeezes the box, it unfolds into a packable shape with a subdivided interior. Then, the robot slides the box over a series of rails that fold the bottom flaps closed and automatically applies packing tape to secure the bottom flaps. The newly constructed boxes are conveyed to the filling station where they are packed with smaller bags or pouches.
Watch a video:
Filling Boxes with Smaller Bags or Pouches
Smaller bags or pouches are conveyed to a robotic arm that gently picks them up and places them in divided sections within a shipping carton or box.
The Epson robot is able to pick one or multiple bags or pouches at a time. After filling, the boxes are conveyed to a sealer and a larger robotic palletizer that stacks them on a shipping pallet for storage or delivery.
- Pick and place one or more bags or pouches at a time
- Customizable small bag stacking patterns within the box
- Servo / pneumatic end-of-arm customized bag and pouch grippers
- Inspection system for missing product
- Automatic robot tool changer to handle different sized smaller bags and pouches filled with a variety of products
Watch a Video:
Filling Larger Baler Bags with Smaller Bags or Pouches
This type of bag baling machine can automatically bale or pack smaller poly bags and pouches ranging in weights from 3-20 pounds into a larger bag called a baler bag, or master bag. Baler bags can be a larger paper sack consisting of 1-3 walls, a mesh bag, or it can be a plastic poly sack. After filling, the baler bags are conveyed through a high-speed bag sewing system or band heat sealer and then to a robotic palletizer.
- Larger baler bags are filled more gently with this type of system vs. hand baling
- An automatic baler bag placer and bag top reformer ensures a high-quality seal and finished product
- Modular system that can be incorporated into existing bag closing and palletizing systems
Contact us to ask a question or get a price quote.