This type of sand pump and transport system are able to move sand, and other abrasive bulk solids, in a discontinuous, dense-phase, pneumatic conveying system, or slug flow.
Video ( watch full screen )
In a project designed to reclaim and reuse foundry sand, a Pennsylvania foundry required two reliable and efficient sand transport systems. The objective was to reduce operational costs by creating a mixture of new and reclaimed foundry sand for molding, while lowering waste disposal requirements. The foundry’s investment in the sand pump system allowed this project to obtain significant immediate and long-term operational efficiencies.
- Dependably transport a combination of new and reclaimed foundry sand
- Minimal pipe and component wear while transporting such an abrasive material as sand
- Cost savings through efficient recycling of materials as well as reduced energy and disposal costs
- 2 low velocity transport systems with sand pumps
- Single reception point for each line
- 4-6 tons/hour – 105 ft.
- 20 scfm air required for each line
- Ambient temperature