Ballistic separators are used for sorting commingled waste in single stream, industrial, commercial and office waste recycling systems.
How does the ballistic sorting process work?
- angled cleats kick rolling rigid items down the paddle
- flat and flexible items will be carried up the paddle on angled cleats
- small items fall through the sieve mesh
Patented Crankshaft Design
The Crankshaft is mounted in a base frame with covers to protect the shaft from material wrapping around. The bearings are a special patented design and have top and side covers that protect the bearing seals from grit and glass. The Crankshaft is driven by a gearbox motor through coupling and rotates the straight shaft and eccentric bearings.
- 4.5 inch elliptical motion
- bearings have estimated lifetime of > 12,000 hours
- bearings can be replaced easily, crankshaft removal not required and each bearing takes about 1 hour to change out and seal
Why are Ballistic Separators better than Disc Screen Separators?
- less wrapping and cleaning
- higher throughput in cold weather or with wet material
- reduced maintenance and safer access
- less residue due to consistent sorting
Reduced Maintenance Costs
- no rubber discs to replace
- no chain drives to maintain or replace
- less spare parts inventory to maintain
- increased safety with lower screen angle and no rotating shafts to slip on
- higher screen uptime
- residue occurs on the container sorting line after mechanical and manual sorting
- residue occurs primarily on single stream material and makes material very hard to sort using a traditional disc separator because of increased screen wear
- increased residue results in lost recyclables and lost revenue
- ballistic separator provides consistent sorting over the life of the screen due to lower wear
- reduced loss of high value containers and paper
- less sorting staff due to more consistent fiber quality
Featured Model: BALL-SORT WT
The BALL-SORT WT is a heavy duty ballistic separator for recyclable waste such as industrial, commercial and household. The paddles are equipped with Hardox to handle high glass content over 5%.
- patented eccentric crankshaft
- rugged changeable bearings
- paddle length: 17.4 / 20.7 feet
- 6+8+10 sieve paddles per machine
- there are 2 sieve paddle widths available, 10 and 13.3 inches
- throughput up to 90 cubic cards per hour
- easy to maintain
- rugged machine for long service life
- customizable to your requirements