A commercial waste recycling system was designed to improve the recovery rate of OCC (Old Corrugated Cardboard) at a transfer station. The transfer station operator was recovering OCC cardboard from the tipping floor from mixed loads of commercial waste accounts. Recovery of the OCC was a slow and dangerous process with sorters on the tipping floor.
A 250 yard per hour recycling system with vibratory screen was installed to improve the recovery rate of recyclable materials in the mixed waste stream.
- Material is loaded on to an inclined conveyor to elevate and discharge waste onto the vibratory screen.
- The oversized material is then metered onto the 72” wide sorting belt (picking belt or sorting station).
- Sorters pull out the OCC, metal cans, aluminum cans, PET, HDPE, and mixed paper.
- The remaining residuals discharge off the end and are loaded into the haul trucks for landfill disposal.
- If loads with a high volume of OCC and minimal contaminants was loaded into the system, the OCC would be negative sorted and loaded into the baler in-feed conveyor.
Need help fast? Call: 979-217-1480 -or- Get a Price Quote