Impact crushers or cage mills are designed to yield the most consistently sized and processed material possible, through controlled impact crushing. Impact bars are arranged in rows, creating selective stages of processing. Materials are conveyed through a low-friction inlet tube and directed into counter-rotating cages, and oversized particles are impacted and broken down.
Units can be used for a wide variety of applications: sizing coal for coke ovens, freeing sulfur from metallurgical coal, separating ash and sulfur from coal middlings, processing trap rock for roofing granules, processing limestone for boilers, and many others.
Materials that are already correctly sized are not affected or further processed, reducing the amount of fines that the process generates. Due to the multi-stage nature of this impact crusher design, right-sized particles are not further reduced, thus ensuring a higher level of impact crushing efficiency. The end result is that this cage mill produces the highest yield of product in the preferred range without any redundant processing.
Unit design delivers high-consistency impact crushing without the need for screens or mid-process filtration. Simplicity of unit frame allows for a single operator to open the cage mill and access processed materials without the assistance of a crane or additional workers. This impact crusher unit does not require ongoing adjustments for wear. The unit is designed for ease of maintenance.
Important highlights include:
- Unique “shaft-within-a-shaft” design creates a more space-efficient impact crusher
- Efficient design only crushes over-sized particles, letting right-sized particles pass through unaffected.
- Patented striking plate improves tonnage life and adds valuable wear protection to other structural components.
- Door swings open without component removal or the requirement of a crane.
- Optional jib crane can be included, allowing for single operator removal of main cage.
- Side-mounted motor is easy to access and maintain.